Weil for President
Revised April 19, 2015
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you fill out forms, make donations, send us an email, sign up to receive email updates, sign a petition, volunteer, create an account, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request information, or otherwise communicate with us. The information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, credit card information and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide. In addition, the Federal Election Commission (FEC) may require us to collect personal information from donors. For example, the FEC requires us to collect (and disclose) the name, mailing address, occupation, and employer of all individuals whose donations exceed $200 per calendar year.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Sites
When you access or use our Sites, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: Information about your use of the WfP, including the browser you use, access times, pages viewed, IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Sites.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Sites.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: Various technologies collect information. These may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Sites and your experience, see which areas and features of our Sites are popular, and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons; known as “tracking pixels”. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Sites or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see
“Your Options” below.
Information Collected From Other Sources
We may obtain information from other sources and combine it with information collected through our Sites. For example if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we may have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accord with authorization procedures of the social media site.
Use of Information
Using collected information, we may use information about you for various purposes, including to bot not limited to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Sites;
- Provide & deliver the information, products and services you request, process contributions & transactions, and send you information such as confirmations & invoices,
- Send you confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Request feedback and otherwise contact you about use of WfP Sites;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Send newsletters and provide information or services you request or we think will be of interest to you, such as information to keep you informed about campaigns, candidates, issues, events, resources, promotions, contests, products and services;
- Help connect you with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers, donations and support for candidates, issues and organizations that we support;
- Remind you to send in your voter registration form and to vote;
- Assist you in finding your registration information and polling location;
- Contact you if other information is necessary under Federal election laws;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Sites;
- Personalize and improve the Sites and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
- Weil for President is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Sites or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With candidates, organizations, campaigns, groups or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles or objectives;
- To report required information to the Federal Elections Commission, including name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employers of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in a calendar year. (for additional information, visit the FEC website at http://www.fec.gov);
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Weil for President, its employees, volunteers, constituents or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of new committee or successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Weil for President; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Sites that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
In signing an online petition, you understand the petition is public information, and we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments provided by you in connection therein publicly available. Additionally, we may provide such petitions or compilations thereof, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, and or to the press;
Social Sharing Features
The Sites may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Social Media “Like/Sharing” buttons), that allow you to share actions you take on our Sites with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the providers of the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these services.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
The Sites are not directed to children under 13, and we do not intend to solicit any personal information from children under 13. However, in the event that we become aware that we are collecting any personal information from a child under 13, we will only do so in compliance with the provisions of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA).
WfP takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from theft, misuse and unauthorized access, and disclosure.
By default most web browsers are set to accept cookies. You may choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose that option, it may affect the availability and functionality of our WeilforPresident.com and related web assets. (social media platforms etc.)
You may opt out of receiving any updates and newsletters by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about any donations or transactions.